Subject: know who provides binary packages to track why packages are missing?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2007 18:19:03
I know I can look at build logs -- if they are provided to bul build list
-- to know why a package is not available.

The pkg_summary files tell me what packages are available.

A few years ago I asked about packages keeping track of the person who
built them.

Anyways, I am trying to figure out why gcc3-java (or maybe gcc34-java) is
not listed in the NetBSD/x86_64/4.0_2007Q3/All/pkg_summary database. An
answer to that would be appreciated.

But also being able to know about missing packages for others would be
useful too -- without having to ask. Where do we keep the details? And if
not available, how can we provide this?

  Jeremy C. Reed