Subject: Re: Solaris packages from pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Malcolm Herbert <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/11/2007 10:03:00
On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:07:09AM -0600, wrote:
|On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|> If we were able to make the build environment independant of how
|> packages were managed, then we could easily generate native packages
|> for any OS, not just pkgsrc tarballs and Solaris packages.
|pkgsrc infrastructure was improved/abstracted for that.
|pkgsrc/mk/flavor/README which says "Currently, there is only one (the
|native pkgsrc tools), but maybe we can support RPM, dpkg or the Solaris
|native packages someday."

excellent ... sounds like all we need is a little glue then and it might
Just Work ...

|And read this initial commit message:
|So using pkgsrc to build your native packages is a great idea.

excellent - I'll have a look through there as a starting point and see
what I understand ... :)

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left blank