Subject: Re: "libtool" problems under Mac OS X Leopard
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/05/2007 21:45:04
On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 04:50:03PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> Note that the option is present when "libtool" is run but not when
> "gcc" is run. I've made sure that it is not the buildink wrapper which
> filters it out. My conclusion is that "libtool" from "libtool-base"
> is removing that option. Apple's "libtool" doesn't do that. From
> its manual page:
>
>        link editor flags
>               For  a  dynamic  shared  library  the  following ld(1) flags are
>               accepted and passed through: -lx, -weak-lx,  -search_paths_first
> [...]
>               -all_load.   -arch_errors_fatal,  -dylib_file, -run_init_lazily,
> [...]
>               -no_uuid.   See  the  ld(1) man page for details on these flags.
>               The flag -image_base is a synonym for -seg1addr.
>
> How do I convince our "libtool" to do the same?

Replying to myself: here is the solution:

LDFLAGS+=	-Wl,-dylib_file -Wl,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib

It is not pretty but does the job:

tron@rotarran:~>uname -sr
Darwin 9.1.0
tron@rotarran:~>pkg_info -I glitz
glitz-0.5.6nb2      OpenGL 2D graphics library and a backend for gl output in ca

One package down, thousands to go.

	Kind regards