Subject: Re: "pkg-config" problems under Mac OS X Leopard
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/28/2007 11:16:32
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 01:27:44PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I wonder if we should get rid of these defaults:
> >
> > PREFER_PKGSRC?=	MesaLib Xft2 Xrandr Xrender expat fontconfig \
> > 		freetype2 glu randrproto renderproto xcursor
>
> Not completeley, these defaults make sence for XFree86 but not for X.org.

I still think these should be removed.

They can be done on a case-by-case basis using builtin.mk or
mk/platform/*mk files. See HPUX.mk that has an example.

Does it fix your Mac OS X problem (so it doesn't attempt building xcursor)
removing that PREFER_PKGSRC setting (after doing a "bmake clean
clean-depends")?

I think next problem then after that will be to get the x11-links updated
for missing files, like missing pc files.