Subject: Re: Usage of USE_TOOLS
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/22/2007 02:23:26
On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 01:53:40AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> When we want to support cross-compiling packages (do we want that?
> now?), we need to distinguish between native and target tools. Currently
> I don't see that distinction in pkgsrc.

I believed so as well when I started the SoC. So far I haven't found
any real evidence for that though. In other words the only part that
needed any special handling so far was the compiler toolchain. Of that
only cpp is special in that you need to distinguish between the target
and native name.

Joerg