Subject: Re: make info
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Dieter Baron <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2007 15:28:41
In article <> Matthias wrote:
: On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 01:08:39PM +0100, Adam Hoka wrote:
: > > WARNING: This make target (info) is about to be removed.
: > > Why does anybody want to remove this target? I can't be more than two
: > > lines of makefile code.
: >
: > But, do you really need it?

: I find it very convenient. And I fail to see any good reason for
: removing it or even having this dicussion.

  Roland added these warnings since the file in which the targets are
defined had a comment saying they will be removed.  These warnings are
to solicit opinions from people actually using these targets.  On
previous occasions, an ``I use it and find it convenient'' has been
enough to get the warning removed.

  In that vein, feel free to remove the warning, or ask Roland to do