Subject: Re: Webfrontend on pbulks
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz@novsieben.kh-22.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/12/2007 22:05:41
Roland Illig wrote:

> When this tool has grown up, it should probably be integrated into the
> README.html generation, and maybe it can even replace it. I don't like
> the current practice that the README.html are in the pkgsrc/ directory,
> since they cause lots of noise when downloading pkgsrc.tar.gz and doing
> a "cvs update" later.

If the README.html files went away from the pkgsrc tree we could
also avoid all the ftp:// URLs starting in
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/README.html
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/README-all.html

Believe it or not, there are people who cannot (as in: not allowed to) access
ftp servers through firewalls...

ciao
     Klaus