Subject: Re: Webfrontend on pbulks
To: Ulrich Habel <uli@habel.name>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/12/2007 09:51:05
Ulrich Habel wrote:
> I do some work on the Solaris things on pkgsrc. I am still wondering if
> I break something with my changes or if it just helps to advance pkgsrc.
> What about the other plattforms, other architectures, etc?
>
> Joerg has made a great job on the pbulk framework and it's writing
> wonderfull reports. Some of the pkgsrc-bulk@ posters use this framework
> frequently (except me).
>
> Having some time during the weekend, I decided to play around with it
> and wrote a small perl thing that imported the data from some reports in
> a sqlite db. I thought about a small webinterface and unfortunatelly the
> weekend was over....
>
> http://habel.name/~uli/projects/build_stat/

This is very cool.

It would be good if the "done" packages could be links to the binary
packages, and if the "failed" ones would link to the build logs.

What does the "apache" listing mean? Is it apache13, apache2 or
apache22? And which version of them?

When this tool has grown up, it should probably be integrated into the
README.html generation, and maybe it can even replace it. I don't like
the current practice that the README.html are in the pkgsrc/ directory,
since they cause lots of noise when downloading pkgsrc.tar.gz and doing
a "cvs update" later.

Roland