Subject: Re: remaining issues with gnome-2.20
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/03/2007 17:58:27
On 03/11/2007, at 16:18, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de said:
>> The problem is that your patch does only fix the case of symbols
>> residing in dlopen'd modules but not that of symbols residing in
>> libraries loaded by dlopen'd modules. I can't imagine a solution for
>> that which is not a disgusting hack.
>
> There might be a workaround: use the RTLD_DEFAULT pseudo-handle
> (which is "reserved" in SUSv3, but works in NetBSD). See the
> appended patch.
> What do you think?

Hrm, I really don't know.  It has been a long while since I touched
that code and the dlopen interface, so I can't judge it (FWIW I
didn't know of RTLD_DEFAULT until now).  If it works, I guess it's
OK, except that I don't like it for mainstream due to the usage of
__NetBSD__.

BTW, the bug report linked at the top contained some replies that
might be helpful here in fixing the issue completely.  Don't forget
to add your findings to it too!

Thank you,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>