Subject: Re: Some pullup-requests
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2007 14:07:27
On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:05:28AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	b) We declare INCOMPAT_GETTEXT for everything on NetBSD-[123].*
> 	   Clean & quick, but something of a sledgehammer

Doesn't work either as NetBSD doesn't support the argument reordering
and the macros create some interesting issues e.g. for mplayer and other
applications that build stuff with libintl.h but without linking with
-lintl.

> 	c) Some logic to fixup the files so the other gettext can handle
> 	   them
> 	   The best solution, but the most work

Noone has provided the data point that those files *don't* work. It used
to work fine with older versions of intltool, so I am quite happy to put
the blame on that.

Joerg