Subject: Re: Outdated ion3 pkgsrc in violation of the license
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2007 11:26:25
On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:31:40AM +0300, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2007-10-27 22:17 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > This is the wrong list - a "port" in NetBSD is a port of NetBSD to another
> > architecture/machine. Can you please resend to the tech-pkg@NetBSD.org
> > list?
>
> And could you try including contact addresses in a clear and
> accessible form somewhere?

Respecting authors' licenses on software is important, but dealing with
this individual just seems like asking for trouble.  I suggest the simple
and effective removal of the "ion3" software from pkgsrc.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."	      - Noam Chomsky