Subject: LICENSE for vim
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2007 14:51:39
Hi,

I want to add LICENSE=foo to pkgsrc/editors/vim-share/Makefile.common
but what should it be? Do we need to create a new license?

The README.txt file says this:

COPYING

Vim is Charityware.  You can use and copy it as much as you like, but
you are encouraged to make a donation to orphans in Uganda.  Please read
the file "runtime/doc/uganda.txt" for details (do ":help uganda" inside
Vim).

Summary of the license: There are no restrictions on using or
distributing an unmodified copy of Vim.  Parts of Vim may also be
distributed, but the license text must always be included.  For modified
versions a few restrictions apply. The license is GPL compatible, you
may compile Vim with GPL libraries and distribute it.

Martti