Subject: Re: PR#35328: kdevelop segfaults in yyparse()
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2007 23:04:40
On Friday 05 October 2007 12:40:49 Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007 08:38:41 Mark Davies wrote:
> > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > > is there a chance of seeing this fixed? The problem still
> > > exists with NetBSD-4.99.30. Does this problem exist on other
> > > BSD platforms to (e.g. DragonFly, FreeBSD etc.)?
> >
> > I'd certainly like some suggestions on how to fix it. From memory
> > it works on older NetBSD's (with older gcc?).
> >
> > cheers
> > mark
>
> I haven't received any feedback from the NetBSD nor any other BSD
> camps. A shame really, because its a fantastic development
> platform. I had a look at kdevelop-snapshot, which doesn't appear
> to use this function no-longer and maybe a solution.

There is something basic about this bison parser that I'm just
missing, its not as if it gets very far before dying.  Below is the
full yydebug output prior to seg faulting:

Starting parse
Entering state 0
Reducing stack by rule 1 (line 142):
-> $$ = nterm @1 ()
Stack now 0
Entering state 2
Reducing stack by rule 4 (line 175):
-> $$ = nterm statements ()
Stack now 0 2
Entering state 4
Reading a token: Next token is token COMMENT ()
Shifting token COMMENT ()
KCrash: Application 'kdevelop' crashing...

cheers
mark