Subject: Re: Outdated ion3 pkgsrc in violation of the license
To: None <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/28/2007 00:24:34

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:03:52AM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 04:36:47PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Philip,
> >=20
> > See this email on NetBSD's tech-pkg below.
> Wow, that was a 'nice' mail.
> I for myself would say: Remove all traces of ion from pkgsrc.
> E.g.:

Well, Ion(tm) 2 is clean and proper LGPL, so it's not bad, but I agree
that we shouldn't have to care about complete nutballs.

Of course, we still have djbwares around, which have a weird licence for
the exact same reasons Ion3(tm) has that licence.  See my point about

We also have the choice of renaming the package;  e.g. Fion, which I'm
sure my fellow countrymen will appreciate.

I wouldn't stop using Ion(tm) (2, I've never had any use for 3), but I
wouldn't mind having the package in local.  The only maintaining it
needs is for infrastructure changes anyway.  I'm speaking of wm/ion; my
personal opinion is that wm/ion3-devel should simply be dropped.

Quentin Garnier - -

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (NetBSD)