Subject: stable symlink for quarterly branch downloads ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/27/2007 20:05:14
I am looking at http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/ftp-layout.html

How about having a stable symlink to match latest quarterly branch
uploaded for the OPSYS/ARCH/OSVERSION_* ?

Or some file to say what is latest stable branch to use.

For now I can just attempt fetching until I find something...

YEAR=`date +%Y` ; for n in 4 3 2 1 ; do echo ${YEAR}Q${n} ; done

LAST=`expr $YEAR - 1` ; for n in 4 3 2 1 ; do echo ${LAST}Q${n} ; done

I have script I have been using to fetch pkg_summary and attempt to fetch
packages. It has hardcoded tag from 2007Q2 which I forgot to change. So I
want to automate this better.

  Jeremy C. Reed