Subject: Re: Challenge: getting crosscompiling product-ready.
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2007 13:37:23
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> I was at the Systems computer fair yesterday, and the "T2" project[1] was
>> near us. They claim that their packaging system can compile about 50% of
>> the 2.500 pkgs in their "T2" packaging system as crosscompiling.
>
> Completely standalone or using a mixed emulation environment?
> The later should already be trivial to do, the former is more work.

The point is to get binary packages. *I* don't care how they are made.

I don't know what T2 does in detail, but it sounded like pure
crosscompile, w/o any emulators. May be worth investigating.
The have a special flag in their package description that indicates if a
package can be crosscompiled.

I haven't found any real documentation on the topic of cross builds, but
some information is here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.t2.devel/3109

  - Hubert