Subject: Challenge: getting crosscompiling product-ready.
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/24/2007 23:53:55
I was at the Systems computer fair yesterday, and the "T2" project[1] was
near us. They claim that their packaging system can compile about 50% of
the 2.500 pkgs in their "T2" packaging system as crosscompiling.

Uli Habel tried to convince me that NetBSD will have that within six
months too - unfortunately he didn't accept my bet on it, so here we are:

First one to get pkgsrc in a shape that >1.000 packages can be
crosscompiled by bulk builds within six months (i.e. by, say, May 1st
2008), will get the twice amount I was willing to bet yesterday, i.e.
200EUR[2] in total.

Any takers?
:-)

  - Hubert

[1] http://www.t2-project.org/
[2] I know 200EUR is peanuts on a real scale, but for a poor
     PhD student, it's a bit. Maybe others want to add to that.