Subject: Re: Unprivileged user per-package custom groups
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <david.sainty@dtsp.co.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/20/2007 20:10:01
Joerg Sonnenberger writes:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 04:39:02PM +1300, david.sainty@dtsp.co.nz wrote:
> > I propose the following change.  Currently mk/unprivileged.mk will
> > override all per-package groups.  This is not always desirable - in
> > fact it can be a real nuisance :)
>
> Even more important: Can you make sure that any user and group variable
> overriden by unprivileged.mk gets a corresponding REAL_ variable with
> the original setting?

I committed it without this change since it appears to be a separate
problem, and could do with fleshing out...

Can you clarify the intent though?  For example, all of
{BIN,GAME,MAN,SHARE,DOC}{OWN,GRP} are changed to
UNPRIVILEGED_{USER,GROUP}.  Do you mean that there should be a
REAL_BINGRP with the old setting?

The same question applies for per-package users and groups.  Do you
mean that when changing DSPAM_USER, a REAL_DSPAM_USER should take the
original value?

Cheers,

Dave