Subject: Re: bmake-20071008 posted
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2007 14:33:06
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:19:35 -0700, Simon Gerraty writes:
>This is all included in bmake, I suspect the shell handling in
>configure.in needs an overhaul as a result (not that I had any problems
>on SunOS).

It did.  I also fixed a bug in make so that if you specify the default
shell as a default path /bin won't be prepended.

So  configure --with-defshell=/usr/pkg/bin/bash will do what you might expect.
The only questionable thing I did was in configure:

dnl On some systems we want a different default shell by default
if test -x /usr/xpg4/bin/sh; then
        defshell_path=${defshell_path:-/usr/xpg4/bin/sh}
fi

I think it is reasonably safe, as it is a posix conforming shell (by
definition).  SunOS bootstaps ok, once I test the other platforms I have
access to, I'll post... the new version.

--sjg