Subject: bmake-20071008 posted
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2007 14:03:08
I don't know if anyone is interested in updating bmake in pkgsrc,
but I've just posted the latest bmake which is synced with NetBSD make
as of 2007-10-08.

I've tested it on NetBSD, FreeBSD, Linux, SunOS and Darwin.

Changes since the version in pkgsrc (this is really just a summary of
cvs log for usr.bin/make):

2007-10-08  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION): bump to 20071008
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o .MAKE.JOB.PREFIX - control the token output before jobs - sjg
	  o .export/.MAKE.EXPORTED - export of variables - sjg
	  o .MAKE.MAKEFILES - track all makefiles read - sjg
	  o performance improvements - dsl
	  o revamp parallel job scheduling - dsl

2006-07-28  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION): bump to 20060728
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o extra debug info during variable and cond processing - sjg
	  o shell definition now covers newline - rillig
	  o minor mem leak in PrintOnError - sjg

2006-05-11  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION):  bump to 20060511
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o more memory leaks - coverity
	  o possible overflow in ArchFindMember - coverity
	  o extract variable modifier code out of Var_Parse()
	    so it can be called recursively - sjg
	  o unit-tests/moderrs - sjg

2006-04-12  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION): bump to 20060412
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o fixes for some memory leaks - coverity
	  o only read first sys.mk etc when searching sysIncPath - sjg

	* main.c (ReadMakefile): remove hack for __INTERIX that prevented
	setting ${MAKEFILE} - OBATA Akio

2006-03-18  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION): bump to 20060318
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o cleanup of job.c to remove remote handling, distcc is more
	    useful and this code was likely bit-rotting - dsl
	  o fix for :P modifier - sjg
	* boot-strap: set default prefix to something reasonable
	  (for me anyway).

2006-03-01  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION): bump to 20060301
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o make .WAIT apply recursively, document and test case - abp
	  o allow variable modifiers in a variable appear anywhere in
	    modifier list, document and test case - sjg

2006-02-22  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg@void.crufty.net>

	* Makefile.in (BMAKE_VERSION): bump to 20060222
	* Merge with NetBSD make, pick up:
	  o improved job token handling - dsl
	  o SIG_DFL the correct signal before exec - dsl
	  o more debug info during parsing - dsl
	  o allow variable modifiers to be specified via variable - sjg
	* boot-strap: explain why we died if no mksrc

--sjg