Subject: Re: pkg_install, small bug&patch for dewey.c
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Lukasz Stelmach <lukasz.stelmach@telmark.waw.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/2007 10:54:07
 Byla godzina 08:38:04 w Monday 08 October, gdy do autobusu wsiadl kanar
i wrzasnal:"Joerg Sonnenberger!!! Bilecik do kontroli!!!" A on(a) na to:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:07:24AM +0200, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:
> > 02:19:13, Monday 08 October, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> >
> > > britannica% cd wd/pkgsrc/packages
> > > britannica% pkg_admin lsbest All/libX11-1.1.3
> > > /home/joerg/wd/pkgsrc/packages/All/libX11-1.1.3.tgz
> > >
> > > So it certainly does. Besides, this code path should not have been
> > > reached with a full version number.
> >
> > OK but... Shouldn't '!=' work either? IMHO (very, very humble)
> > both equality operators should be available. It doesn't break
> > anything after all.
>
> != was never part of part. There will be an "update" to the dependency
> handling in the future and that will also include an inequality
> operator, but that doesn't exist ATM. You can somewhat workaround it
> using a combination of ranges and {}.

Let me then ask only one more question. Why not permit use of those
operators, both '==' and '!=', when they are already implemented in
lib/dewey.c?  However, it is very probable that no package today
requires them, IMHO they should be available and as far as I read
the code my patch is the only thing required to make them work.

Best regards,
--
Miłego dnia