Subject: Re: issues with lang/perl5
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2007 01:01:29
Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> I don't run the latest bleeding-edge pkgsrc here, but I have discovered
> that the Makefile target for perl5-post-install mentions 'strip'
> directly without using the platform tools macros and consequently fails
> on Solaris ... how would be best to report this for fixing?
>
> I'm using pkgsrc from the 2007Q2 tarball on Solaris 10

Since perl5-post-install is run as a dependency of the post-install
target, the tools wrappers should be in place. However, when asking
pkglint, it says:

WARN: Makefile:338--340: The "strip" tool is used but not added to
USE_TOOLS.

I think this is the reason why it fails.

Let's see whether we can fix it before the branch. (This is more a
political issue than a technical. Just committing the change would be
easy, but then some people will surely complain ...)

Roland