Subject: Re: What is MANINSTALL good for?
To: NetBSD pkgsrc Discussion <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/2007 18:34:37
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 12:28:34PM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> It would be nice if we could use it to exclude man pages from package
> PLISTs during "make package" -- for embedded environments that just need
> BINs & LIBs.  ~BAS

We discussed that topic with some beers in Copenhagen. The consensus
between an interested developer, Alistair and myself was that we will
provide a mean to build build two sets of packages.

Basically, when you run make package, you get the normal full package
and a second one with all content stripped off that you are not
interested in + a special flag set to annotate it as stripped.

The advantage of doing it this way is that it could be used for DESTDIR
and cross-compiled packages as well.

Joerg