Subject: Re: make configure failure on libICE, libSM, ...
To: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/01/2007 00:31:00
> The libICE (and libSM) you are trying to build is from modular X.org. Its
> dependencies are from modular X.org. It can't find its dependencies unless
> X11_TYPE is set to "modular".
>
> Is there a reason you need x11/libICE and libSM?

Well, I tried to compile modular X.org with XFree86
environment.

Also some packages seemed to have dependency to such
packages, but I cannot recall the name of the package.

> I think if the native /usr/X11R6 is compatible enough, it could be used to
> build some modular components. (In the past I have had X.org under
> /usr/X11R6 and used X11_TYPE as native the default, but that doesn't make
> sense to me to use any more.)

Could it build?  Do you remember the date when you did so?

> I have mentioned this a few times: it would be good if building modular
> X.org components had more clear errors/warnings about it instead of having
> end-user figure it out from the pkg-config messages (and gnome-config
> warning). We have probably had well over 25 emails or PRs like this over
> the past year. It is probably pkgsrc's most FAQ.

I agree.  gnome-config may be in bootstrap?

Regards,

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>