Subject: PKGSRC_COMPILER=pcc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/2007 21:01:46
I have committed mk/compiler/pcc.mk and updated mk/compiler.mk for
"Portable C Compiler" support.

I have done some tests with PKGSRC_COMPILER=pcc building and using libXaw
and some other packages. I have not tested C++ or fortran.

Please help improve the PKGSRC_COMPILER=pcc. Please help improve pcc.

pcc is at lang/pcc (I don't know if the package works though since the
download doesn't have a version number yet.)

On NetBSD, you will probably need /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h revision 1.65
(or newer).

Anyone want to try some bulk builds?

I understand it is quite fast but haven't done my own speed testing yet.

I have built and used libXaw and others.

  Jeremy C. Reed