Subject: Re: xine buildlink issue
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: thuja <solidago_caesia@yahoo.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2007 18:56:12
------=_Part_10350_32504708.1189907772171

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, thuja wrote:

> I am slightly puzzled why given that the last posts on this issue were
> over
> a week ago, why I'm still facing this problem?  I just installed netbsd
> last
> night.  Is this an issue?  Or is it just something I don't understand?

  	How did you install the packages, from binary packages or source?

I'm compiling from source.  I just installed netbsd two days ago on the
13th.

Thanks for your answers!  I now have amarok working with mysql!  But, in the
spirit of being helpful--I'm not complaining--there are some big remaining
issues here with sound.  There is no mixer for kmix.  Juk and Noatun don't
work.   I get the error message:

Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/sound can't be opened (Device busy)

In fact--while I'm happy & thankful to you since amarok with mysql is how I
listen to music, I'm not sure that the underlying problem has been addressed
at all.  Or am I someway wrong?

------=_Part_10350_32504708.1189907772171

<quote author="David Brownlee">
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, thuja wrote:

> I am slightly puzzled why given that the last posts on this issue were over
> a week ago, why I'm still facing this problem?  I just installed netbsd last
> night.  Is this an issue?  Or is it just something I don't understand?

  	How did you install the packages, from binary packages or source?

I'm compiling from source.  I just installed netbsd two days ago on the 13th.

Thanks for your answers!  I now have amarok working with mysql!  But, in the spirit of being helpful--I'm not complaining--there are some big remaining issues here with sound.  There is no mixer for kmix.  Juk and Noatun don't work.   I get the error message:

<i>Sound server informational message: