Subject: Re: print/teTex3-bin fails with ${XAW_TYPE} == "neXtaw"
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/29/2007 18:15:37
I agree regarding seperating out the transformations, though there are
some packages, e.g. xterm (others?), which have configure options for
those libraries.  Should I accomodate that in the b3.mk files at all,
or just ignore them?  I'm not sure if there's any reason why any
package would need to specially support any of those libraries, as if
a library is an athena widgets library, then it should "just work"
given all of the pathnames match, right?  I've never looked at the
source of any of the replacements so I don't know if there are any
"extensions" or idiosyncracies to account for.

I'm hoping to package Etoile (GNUstep desktop) when I get the time
(GNUstep needs an update first), and having most/all Xaw applications
using that library would look a lot nicer than libXaw, which seems
like it was designed to be the national widget library of ancient
Sparta. ;)

--Blair