Subject: gettext and databases/shared-mime-info
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/29/2007 08:18:55
When I build databases/shared-mime-info under netbsd-3, I get

INTLTOOL_EXTRACT=../intltool-extract srcdir=. ../intltool-update --gettext-package shared-mime-info --pot
WARNING: This version of gettext does not support extracting non-ASCII
         strings. That means you should install a version of gettext
         that supports non-ASCII strings (such as GNU gettext >= 0.12),
         or have to let non-ASCII strings untranslated. (If there is any)
xgettext: unrecognized option `--flag=g_strdup_printf:1:c-format'
Try `xgettext --help' for more information.
ERROR: xgettext failed to generate PO template file. Please consult
       error message above if there is any.
gmake[1]: *** [shared-mime-info.pot] Error 1

If I install devel/gettext (0.14.6) all works; the in-tree gettext
(0.10.35) is too old.

shared-mime-info doesn't have USE_TOOLS += gettext, so I added that, but
it's still using the in-tree version.  Should I be seeting a TOOLS
required version somehow?  Or does the tools framework need to change in
some more complex way?