Subject: Re: USE_TOOLS and tool path variables?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/28/2007 15:43:05
At 15:30 Uhr +0200 28.08.2007, Hauke Fath wrote:
>Now, when I add
>
>CONFIGURE_ENV+=		echopath=${TOOLS_ECHO:Q}
>
>to the sysutils/radmind Makefile (there is prior art for diff), the
>above reference is unchanged; I need to provide
>
>CONFIGURE_ENV+=		ac_cv_path_echopath=${TOOLS_ECHO:Q}
>
>contrary to what radmind's configure script explains.

Looking closer, it seems that pkgsrc doesn't provide ${TOOLS_ECHO}
with a path, unlike for other tools. Since radmind's configure script
checks for an absolute path in user-provided tool variables, a plain
"echo" gets ignored.

What is the reason for echo's special role here? And what is
preferable, setting $ac_cv_path_echopath instead of plain $echopath,
or patching out the check from configure?

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281