Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/doc
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/28/2007 16:30:22
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 08:17:32AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Do you use 'pkg_add -u'?  When you do, are you updating outdated
> packages because they are outdated, or do you view that as saying "I
> want this package"?  Sorry if I'm just being dense, but I don't see how
> someone doing 'pkg-add -u' would be doing other than maintenance.

  No, I don't use ``pkg_add -u'', but I would view it as saying ``I
want this package''.  I'm manually pkg_add'ing it.

  What does pkg_add -u do if the given package is not already installed?

  Anyway, if it's that important to you, go ahead and have pkg_add -u
always preserve the flag.  But *don't* waste another option letter on
this, and *don't* have pkg_add -u *set* the automatic flag.

					yours,
					dillo