Subject: USE_TOOLS and tool path variables?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/28/2007 15:30:22
Hi list,

I got the following fallout, mailed from a pkgsrc-bulk build:

208a228
>  sysutils/radmind                             hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de

ERROR: /usr/pkg/bin/ra.sh:
ECHO="/scratch/sysutils/radmind/work/.tools/bin/echo"
ERROR: *** The above files still have references to the build directory.
ERROR:     This is possibly an error that should be fixed by unwrapping
ERROR:     the files or adding missing tools to the package makefile!
*** Error code 1

Now, when I add

CONFIGURE_ENV+=		echopath=${TOOLS_ECHO:Q}

to the sysutils/radmind Makefile (there is prior art for diff), the
above reference is unchanged; I need to provide

CONFIGURE_ENV+=		ac_cv_path_echopath=${TOOLS_ECHO:Q}

contrary to what radmind's configure script explains. The main
difference betweenn the two seems that the diff path is compiled in,
whereas the echo path is substituted in the "make install" phase. Is
this an issue I should take upstream?

And what exactly is the meaning of USE_TOOLS here, in addition to
providing the tool paths to the configure script in environment
variables? When I leave out the

USE_TOOLS+=	diff echo

nothing changes in the build or install, AFAICS.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281