Subject: pkg_summary doesn't indicate PKG_SUFX
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2007 13:38:52
The pkg_summary database doesn't indicate PKG_SUFX.

We know the download site for the packages because the download location
for the pkg_summary.gz is in same All directory.

And the filename without the file extension is in the PKGNAME in the
pkg_summary record.

But we don't know the file extension. From mk.conf:

#PKG_SUFX= .tbz
# Create binary packages with bzip2(1) or gzip(1).
# Possible: .tbz, .tgz
# Default: .tgz

For now I will assume .tgz except for some of my own package builds and
downloads I have frequently used PKG_SUFX=.tbz

Should we add PKG_SUFX to the pkg_summary(5) in one way or another (maybe
add FILENAME field that would include that)?

  Jeremy C. Reed