Subject: Re: problems with update to pkg_install-20070814
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/20/2007 12:50:58
On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 06:57:51PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
>   ranlib libnbcompat.a
>   => Fixing paths in scripts.
>   cd /var/tmp2/pkgsrc-clean/pkgtools/pkg_install/work.i386/libarchive
>
>  [ first run of configure ]
>
>   /bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
>   running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure  --disable-shared
>   --disable-bsdtar...
>
>  [ second run of configure ]
>
> Is this the expected behaviour?

It builds libarchive first and runs the pkg_install configure second. It
is using a local static version to be standalone. Same would be the case
for bzip2 and zlib.

> During configuration of pkg_install I see the familiar warning from
> packages which are not adapted to *BSD systems:

Primay development platform of libarchive is FreeBSD -- and I guess they
fixed this a while ago. I'll take the patch upstream.

> Package installation to DESTDIR works, but package creation does not:

Well, yes, no surprise. You can't use USE_DESTDIR=full for updating the
version that has the (new) -u/-g options. You can use USE_DESTDIR=yes
for that though.

Joerg