Subject: Re: pkgsrc.conf
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2007 14:44:58
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 11:04:58AM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> currently, the tools for managing binary packages are missing a
> configuration file. I have created a first draft that addresses some of the
> things I would like to see in such a configuration file. If you miss
> something, please add it there.

I don't think the reasoning for the cache is corect. pkg_add and
pkg_info will be changed to deal more intelligently with binary packages
to stop the transfer after the meta-data.

The cache is useful for something else though -- for storing the
directory index and/or summary file.

Personally I would prefer a win.ini like format.

*cough* proplib.

Joerg