Subject: Re: Mesa 7.0.1 update/recent commit
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-changes@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2007 01:18:34
On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 06:37:21PM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> This absolutely needs to be discussed and probably should be reverted
> until we do so.  Some issues:

Seconded.

> -- GLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY is deprecated, and will break many packages, such
> as glitz and qt3.

I don't even think it was really needed before. It was an item on my
TODO list to find out, but I didn't have time for it.

> -- What about indirect/direct rendering?  DRI drivers?  This is a
> supports.

I'd say if possible it should be an option of libGL. libdrm needs
handling similiar to cairo's build options. OSMesa should be dropped on
the normal platforms with GLX support.

> -- IMHO, we should split MesaLib into header, libGL, and libGLw packages.

While I don't think it makes sense to split off the headers, I fully
agree that the main package should be libGL. I'm not sure whether it is
worth to split off libGLw, but at least the drivers should be separated.

> -- We have the whole pthread stub debacle to consider.  Also, wrt:
> pthreads, last I checked, there are instances where Makefiles are
> hard-coded to link to libpthread.  This is not good.

*nod*

> -- What about all the work I've done thusfar?  I obviously think that
> the more people we have working on this, the better, but I do wish
> that, at the very least, a "heads-up" was sent to the list so I could
> be part of this process.

I've started checking the wip packages. There will be come testing
needed to ensure nothing breaks, e.g. glitz had issues.

Joerg