Subject: Mesa 7.0.1 update/recent commit
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-changes@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/12/2007 18:37:21
This absolutely needs to be discussed and probably should be reverted
until we do so.  Some issues:

-- GLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY is deprecated, and will break many packages, such
as glitz and qt3.

-- What about indirect/direct rendering?  DRI drivers?  This is a
supports.

-- IMHO, we should split MesaLib into header, libGL, and libGLw packages.

-- We have the whole pthread stub debacle to consider.  Also, wrt:
pthreads, last I checked, there are instances where Makefiles are
hard-coded to link to libpthread.  This is not good.

-- I am wondering if we should create a framework around this:
<http://glew.sourceforge.net/>.  I just found it five minutes ago, so
I don't know if it works as advertised, but the concept is interesting
nonetheless.

-- What about all the work I've done thusfar?  I obviously think that
the more people we have working on this, the better, but I do wish
that, at the very least, a "heads-up" was sent to the list so I could
be part of this process.

-- MesaLib depends on Xdamage/Xfixes now. I haven't looked closely at
the package, but these are not included as dependencies anywhere!

IMHO, this package is probably going to break a whole slew of other
packages; the commit should be reverted until we have a group
concensus on how we wish to proceed.

--Blair