Subject: Re: Modular X.org configuration files
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2007 13:54:12
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:44:11PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> ... doesn't expand a variable to find its configuration files

The configuration file handling is suboptimal because there is no
unified handling (or actually no proper handling at all) for
configuration files in all the X.org packages. They just assume
things are in "/etc/X11". And that's what the "xdm" packages does, too.

> ... and has a double free resulting in aborts after
> login on NetBSD current.

It works fine under NetBSD-i386 4.0_BETA2. I've used it for logging in
several times.

	Kind regards