Subject: Re: complex number arithmetics
To: Greg Troxel <>
From: Chris Turner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2007 07:44:34
Greg Troxel wrote:
> Hmm, that seems to be part of some standard we perhaps ought to follow:

This issue came up on the dfly-user lists a month or so back,
looks like the GNU C library is more C99 compliant w/r/t floating point
functions than any of the BSDs, so linux / c99 centric applications are
hitting portability snags when someone tries to build on a bsd

At the time, it seemed that NetBSD had the most C99 compliant set of
functions compared to Free/Open/DF, but still not all of them were
implemented. Not sure of the state / licencing / availability of
Apple's C library, might be worth investigating..

DF has since synced with NetBSD 4,
I'm unsure of the progress in any of the BSD's since then..