Subject: Re: (Incomplete) List of pkgsrc Improvements
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2007 15:54:50
In article <alpine.DEB.0.999.0707311233230.14947@m2s05.vlinux.de> Hubert wrote:
: On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Dieter Baron wrote:
: > 1.2 make pkg_add use a config file
: >
: >  GOAL: Currently, some aspects of pkg_add can be controlled via
: > environment variables (e.g. wether rc.d scripts are placed in
: > /etc/rc.d).  I would like pkg_add to use a config file for these kind
: > of settings instead.

: s/instead/in addition/, to keep backward compatibility.

  Noted.

: BTW, what I'm missing is some way to do pkg upgrades. Either for a single
: one (plus "fix all dependencies") or -- more important for me - for a full
: update ("bring me to the latest quarterly release, updating everything
: neccessary").

  Like I said, these are the foundations to allow that to be
implemented easily.  These are the parts of the update prolem that I
understand well and that are independent of policy decisions.  Once we
have the building blocks in place, we can build on them to provide a
complete solution (or more than one, depending on differing needs).

	   	    	     		yours,
					dillo