Subject: Re: autoconf not working inside pkg_comp root
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2007 08:54:30
On 30/07/2007, at 23:09, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> [...]
> I can't really see any differences in the system and I dislike
> autoconf,
> can anybody suggest what the problem might be?

If it's not the m4 issue mentioned by Greg... Are you using tmpfs?
If so, make sure it's big enough (be aware that its -s works
different than mfs's -s).   I recall tracking down a similar problem
that turned out to be caused by a tmpfs that was so small that
couldn't accommodate the temporary files generated by automake/
autoconf, so the resulting files seemed to be corrupt.  But the tools
raised no errors.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>