Subject: Re: New emulator framework...
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/30/2007 00:09:47
On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 04:12:33PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:

> Firstly thanks for your efforts for working in the new emulator
> framework for pkgsrc. I just saw your commits and updated pkgsrc,
> but there are some things that I want to know:
>
> - You have removed PKG_OPTIONS.suse=compat32, but there's no mention in
>   what option we have to use to be able to install opera on amd64.

You don't need any options.  On amd64, if you do:

	cd pkgsrc/www/opera && make install

the emulator framework will see that the opera package only supports
"linux-i386" on your platform, and use the appropriate "linux-i386"
SuSE dependencies for your platform.  If that's not happening, then
can you give the output of the following?

	cd pkgsrc/www/opera
	make show-vars VARNAMES="_EMUL_MACHINE_PLATFORM EMUL_PLATFORM"
	make show-vars VARNAMES="EMUL_OPSYS EMUL_ARCH"
	make show-depends

> - Without any option you can install opera and that depends in the suse
>   x86_64 packages... it's simply wrong.

On amd64, it should be depending on the suse32_* packages automatically
without needing to set any special options.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>