Subject: must be an easier way?[SEC = UNCLASSIFIED]
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/29/2007 19:52:00
Hi Guys,
when I build a package that depends on packages that are already
installed under an older version the build stops and asks me to
pkg_delete  the old one. So I delete and run make again.

Trouble is that if it's a massive build on a pkg base thats a bit old
I end up having to pkg_delete a great deal of packages and then
re run make each time.

Since what i'm doing does not require great intelligence I can't
understand why this process can't be automated.

How can I get the make to automatically pkg_delete old packages
so that the newly built dependency can be automatically installed.

Such a waste of time the way it is.

many thanks for help on this.
Paul.

Paul