Subject: Re: Enabling checkperms for PKG_DEVELOPER?
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2007 18:44:59
    Date:        Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:22:53 +0200
    From:        Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>

  | Is it acceptable for others or do I have to
  | consider more arcane ways to get it?

It is actually worse than I suspected it might be in my previous
mail - I thought that all I'd probably have to do is find the
checkperms package (that's not too hard, though I first assumed
it would be in pkgtools) and then add it to the (very small)
list of packages that I have pkg_comp automatically install
when it builds its sandbox (almost every time I run it).

Unfortunately, I also use libkver with pkg_comp (so I can
generate binary packages for a consistent base system, whatever
kernel version I happen to be running today) - libkver seems
to now require checkperms to install, but pkg_comp (kind of
obviously) won't build any packages without libkver installed
first.   It may even be (I didn't look at it all that closely
that installing checkperms now requries checkperms installed
first).

This is something of a Catch-22...

kre