Subject: Re: [HEADS UP] Platform support
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/2007 14:24:53
On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 11:28:44PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 07:45:01PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > Besides, a combination of pbulk and distcc with a number of mac68k
> > nodes a modern PC as build backend should be able to get the build
> > done in a reasonable time frame. This makes this argument even less
> > compelling to me.
>
> I have heard a lot of talk about this over the last few years.  has it
> ever been implemented?

I strongly doubt that you heard about pbulk over the last few years :-)
But the idea of running parallel builds with distcc is certainly not
new. As far pbulk is concerned, it boils down to getting the distcc
build and dependency correct. The rest is pretty much duplicating the
client node. I have run builds with multiple machines, but so far none
with distcc.

Joerg