Subject: Re: Loudly ignoring mtree specs in packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/2007 15:02:45
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:45:10AM -0400, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>>> (b) Always keep the mtree spec around (currently removed after use).
>> Where would we keep this file around after the binary package is unpacked?
>
> I'm not sure whether it gets moved to ${PKGDB}/${PKGNAME} right now, but
> that's where I would keep it.

I think it's reasonable to still keep it around in the pkgdb directory
as +MTREE.  The pkginstall framework currently dumps other "temporary"
scripts in there as well, e.g. +FONTS, +INFO_FILES, etc.  It's also
really the only place that will be known to exist and stay around after
pkg_add(1) exists.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>