Subject: Re: [HEADS UP] Platform support
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/2007 11:34:29
--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG

"Mark E. Perkins" <perkinsm@bway.net> wrote:
=20
> You want "supported platform" to be equated with "regular bulk builds".  =
The
> point I was trying to make is boils down to the question "what about plat=
forms
> where there are no bulk builds but things seem to work fine for folks usi=
ng
> the platform (mac68k as an example)?"

The platform not being labeled as "supported" will not have any effect
on the packages continuing to build if they did and failing to build if
they didn't.

I see the label "supported" as meaning "people are actually working on
these on a regular basis".  If your platform is not listed here, then
you still may have a fantastic experience using pkgsrc.

-Jan

--=20
   That's a tricky one. You have to use calculus and imaginary numbers ...
   like eleventeen, thirty-twelve, and all those ...
                  -- Hobbes

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG--