Subject: Re: AIX perl linked to libperl.a in ${WRKOBJDIR}
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/17/2007 08:23:36
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 12:07:52AM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:
>>   Adds Directory to the list of search directories used for finding
>> libraries designated
>>   by the -l (lowercase letter L) flag. The list of directories,
>> including the standard
>>   library directories, is also recorded in the output object file loader
>> section for use
>>   by the system loader unless you use the -blibpath or -bnolibpath
>> option. You can
>>   repeat this flag.
>
> Can you check whether having one -blibpath removing the -L handling or
> not? We should be able to handle this within the wrapper framework, but
> I need some time to figure out how :-)
>
> Joerg

Here's what the manual says in the section discussing the `-b' options:

libpath:Path
  Uses Path as the library path when writing the loader section of the
output file. Path  is neither checked for validity nor used when
searching for libraries specified by the
  -l flag. Path overrides any library paths generated when the -L flag
is used.
  If you do not specify any -L flags, or if you specify the nolibpath
option, the  default library path information is written in the loader
section of the output file.
  The default library path information is the value of the LIBPATH
environment variable
  if it is defined, and /usr/lib:/lib, otherwise.

Is that what you're looking for?

Louis