Subject: Re: AIX perl linked to libperl.a in ${WRKOBJDIR}
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/17/2007 00:07:52
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 05:33:22PM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:
>> Using pkgsrc-2007Q2 on AIX 5300-05-05 and gcc4 (which comes with AIX).
>>
>> This is really strange. I can seemingly build a working Perl...
>
> Let me guess? -L is also setting the library path on AIX?
>
> Joerg

Looks like you guessed right:

-LDirectory

  Adds Directory to the list of search directories used for finding
libraries designated
  by the -l (lowercase letter L) flag. The list of directories,
including the standard
  library directories, is also recorded in the output object file loader
section for use
  by the system loader unless you use the -blibpath or -bnolibpath
option. You can
  repeat this flag.

But I don't know how to inject `-bnolibpath' into the pkgsrc
environment. It seems like that's what I want; looked around a bit but
I'm in over my head here.

Louis