Subject: wrong ownership and/or permissions
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2007 18:52:24
Hi,

I'm working on a package ATM that sets PKG_SYSCONFDIR and uses
PKG_SYSCONFDIR_PERMS.  It works as expected and the permissions on
PKG_SYSCONFDIR are correct.  However, I'm greeted with a final message
on install telling me:

The following directories are used by inspircd-1.1.9 and
have the wrong ownership and/or permissions:

        /usr/pkg/etc/inspircd (m=750, o=inspircd, g=inspircd)

Now, as I mentioned before these permissions are correct and what I
expected from setting PKG_SYSCONFDIR_PERMS.  Does anyone have an idea
what's triggering this ?  Is it something wrong with CHECK-PERMS in
mk/pkginstall/dirs or am I just doing something stupid ?

thanks,

adrian.