Subject: Re: logo?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/2007 20:34:41
Hubert Feyrer said on 4/7/07 11:46:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk wrote:
>> I proposed this logo:
>> http://www.chriswareham.demon.co.uk/pkgsrc.png
>>
>> I made it follow the colour scheme of the NetBSD logo, in order to
>> reflect the origins of pkgsrc, and the box is supposed to reflect the
>> concept of a "package".
>
> IMHO that looks pretty spiffy.
>
> I wonder what it will look like if
>  * the two orange colors are made the same (right now the cube's in a
>    different color than the "pkg")
>  * if the edges of the cube are slightly rounded
>
> In what formats is that logo available? EPS would be preferred, as we
> could derive other formats from that, like we do for the NetBSD logo
> right now...
>

>  - Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I have uploaded a new version of the logo. The colours are the same as
those used on the NetBSD logo, and the font is Garamond. The cube should
have better persepctive, and there is no extra space between the "pkg"
and "src". As well as the PNG version there's also a rather large EPS:

http://www.chriswareham.demon.co.uk/pkgsrc.png
http://www.chriswareham.demon.co.uk/pkgsrc.eps

Regards,

Chris